Thursday, December 11, 2008

Joy to the world ...

Okay, you know what? I'm not really to that point in the season yet. I'm still dealing with sinus-related Scrooge-ness and praying that I will enter into the full joy of the spirit of Christmas soon.

In the meantime, I will show you my "Joy" card that will be the sample for this coming week's challenge in the SHINE group over at Paper Craft Planet:



The very cool ;-) background paper is actually a TJ technique called "Faux Background Paper" (or something like that). So I made it myself, and that's why I put the winky after "very cool". I like this tech a lot, but I'm not sure I have it totally figured out. I need to go over to the TJ website and see the filmed tutorial (rather than just the text one that's in the newsletter) to see if it helps me get the nuances I think I may be missing. But at any rate, I like the way it turned out. I chose "Joy" as the theme for the challenge over in my SHINE group because it's the theme for the Advent week that starts on Sunday.

So, rather than typing out a laborious paragraph with all the deets in it, here are the ingredients:
Stamps: SU (UM Swirling Stars wheel, Holy Triptych angel, verse from Madonna & Child, "joy" from (? -- whatever the name of the retired one with the four little script words is); alphas -- Rhonna Farrar/Autumn Leaves and Technique Tuesday

Paper: All SU -- Very Vanilla, Cranberry Crisp (ret.), Blue Bayou (ret.), Night of Navy

Ink: Versamark; Encore Gold; SU Blue Bayou (ret.), Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Cranberry Crisp (ret)

Misc: Clear EP, Black EP, EK Success corner punch, SU burgundy grosgrain ribbon, Twinkling H20s (Heavenly White, Iridescent Gold, Buttercup, something Blue)

It's my parents' anniversary today (12/11). They've been married 57 years! I can't imagine putting up with the same guy for that long, but I'm planning on doing it myself, God help me! lol (And God help him, too!)

Okay, gotta run -- we're going over there for dinner.

Have a good 'un!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Stacy!

Beautiful stamping! Love the card. I was trying to verify addresses for cards (so they can all be late this year) and couldn't track down anything I'm comfortable with for you. So, Merry Christmas to you and yours! I'm at the same email or you can track me down through Blogger.

Love and Hugs,
your long lost Jamie in WA