Friday, December 05, 2008

When you can't stamp ...

... go online and buy them! But more on that later.

So, yes, this has not been a good week health-wise. I did manage to get into the loft and make the sample for this week's SHINE challenge over at Paper Craft Planet. So at least I have to make one card each week (when I don't cheat and pull one out of my stash that I've already done! -- don't tell!).

Here's the card:


I thought that, since we're into Advent now, it would be a good idea to pattern at least one of the week's themes around an Advent theme. Since the candle to be lit on Sunday represents "love", I decided the challenge would be to create a paper craft that reflects God's love at Christmas. If you want to participate, hop over to Paper Craft Planet, join up (if you haven't yet), and then go over and join the SHINE Christian Crafters' Challenge group and follow the instructions there.

Anyway, my card just pretty much says how I tie God's love in with Christmas -- He sent His Son as the very first Christmas gift to US, giving us the gift of His Son to come here and live with us, as one of us, for 33 years and then to die on the cross to not only forgive us of all our sin, but to give us eternal life -- eternal life that starts here and now as we experience His love and grow to be more like Jesus! Okay, I could preach a whole sermon on this card, but I'll spare you, lol.

So the part with Mary and baby Jesus is done with a TJ technique called "Colorwash Batik". I stamped John 3:15 with the silver color of Opalite ink (can't remember the official name of it) then embossed it with silver EP. Framed that with gold paper from the Paper Company and used an EK Success corner punch. The card base is a piece of very velvety paper from Club Scrap, and then I used a glittery DP I got at Archiver's (and can't remember the manufacturer's name -- so sorry!). The rest of the paper is SU. The green is Kiwi Kiss, although it didn't scan anywhere close to that color and trying to adjust it in my photo program brought it close, but not exact. Ribbon is unknown. The square and scallop punches are SU, and I made the sentiment inside with the JustRite mini alpha. Oh, and I used the Fiskars "Threading Water" scallop edge punch, too.

So, on to the spending "spree". Now that I've started this Christian Crafters' Challenge group over on PCP, my "Scripture stamp collecting illness" has resurfaced. I find myself "needing" more and more scripture stamps! Yeah, I know y'all know how this goes, maybe not with Scripture stamps, but you get hooked on something and you've gotta have more. For awhile it was Oriental stamps (and I still love them), but now it's back to the Scripture ones. So this week I spent time making these elaborate wish lists from various stores that have lots of Scripture stamps, then yesterday (which was my birthday, though I didn't really feel well enough to celebrate much -- we're going to do that Saturday), I went through and double-checked against my list of verses I already own, and placed three orders! One with Heart & Soul Rubber Stamps, one with Sweet Grass rubber stamps (which is a division of the Rubber Stamp Shack), and one with smARTworks Rubber Stamps. I am definitely hoping I get money for my birthday! lol

Okay, it's getting late, I'm pretty tired and I still have a few things to do (like rescue the laundry that I forgot about and left in the washer! ack! now I'll have to wait up half the night while it dries, and it's mostly blue jeans -- you know how long those can take in the dryer!). *SIGH* Oh, well, at least tomorrow's Saturday and I can sleep in. I really hope I'll feel like making something crafty tomorrow -- especially since I also bought a new Martha Stewart punch at Michaels today!

Have a wonderful, grace-filled weekend!

No comments: