Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cedar Fever Season is peaking ...

... which is why I haven't been getting much done in the craft loft. BUT I have been doing things toward scrapbooking (i.e. planning things), so I haven't been totally un-crafty.

And I did get a card made this week. That's the nice thing about being the "group mama" of a challenge group -- you have to have something ready every week, and I'd much rather it be something new than something I've dragged out of the archives. So here's what I did for this week's theme, which is "Congratulations!", in which the challenge is to make Congratulations cards with a Scripture or Christian-themed stamp:


This is the simplest design. Should have taken me ten minutes. But nooooo ... took forever to pick the papers, then I had to fiddle with my Nestabilities, then I had to come up with something to make the backing oval not look so BIG (I don't have the intermediate Nesties), so I had to take twenty minutes (or it felt like it) deciding on which Cuttlebug folder to use to give it some spice, then I had to pick a ribbon, etc., etc., etc. So it probably took me a good hour to do it. I guess there's nothing wrong with perfectionism in crafting, but it sure makes things take longer! lol

DP - K & Co.; CS - SU (Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Groovy Guava); Stamp - Eureka Stamps; Ink - SU Ruby Red Craft; Ultra Detail Clear EP (mfr. unknown); Cuttlebug "Swirls" folder; Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Brad - Making Memories

Hey, I have discovered the COOLEST new "inspiration starter" for scrapbooking! It's this book:
The whole premise is to use calendar days and "special days" (like "National Hat Day") as springboards for layout ideas. And, listen, since I'm ALWAYS needing a creative kick in the pants when it comes to scrapping, I just think this is the most awesome concept! So I highly recommend finding a copy of this book and kick-starting your creative juices (or just sending them down a new road or two). I've spent the last two or three days just looking up holidays and special days on the Internet, and I have a pretty good list of them now. Something for every day of the year (even if it's just "National Cheese Day" or something). Obviously you don't have to use every single holiday/special day, but it's cool to have the inspiration there if you need it!

So I am working on a layout right now (well, today), and hope to have it finished tomorrow. It's the peak of Cedar Fever Season here (not true Cedar, but some kind of tree that's called a cedar around here) -- yesterday we had the highest "Cedar" pollen count that we've had in nine years! And, yep, I was feelin' it. You don't get much done with a sinus migraine, itchy eyes/throat/nose, sneezing, asthma and general "time to move to anywhere-but-here"-ness. (Like, Antarctica -- I don't think they have much pollen there ...) I'm better today, but a little hung over from all the pain meds that DIDN'T WORK. So -- y'all feel sorry for me now? ;-) lol

OH, BTW, before I forget: I'm thinking of starting a Faithbooking project over on Paper Craft Planet. I'd like to get a group of people together who would like to scrap their Christian journey and do weekly pages (with specific themes). If you're interested (even if you're not a member of PCP), please leave a comment and let me know!

Until next time ...

No comments: