Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"Cardbook" sample -- and my broken car

Note: The poll concerning my sidebar music has closed. Most people said they didn't like music on blogs, although there were several who thought the music was "awesome" (thank you!). But in deference to the majority, I have removed the music player application. If you'd like to listen to the Newsboys, I guess you'll have to just go buy their music for yourself! ;-)

First, the good stuff. Well, depending on your opinion of my artwork! lol

I managed to get up into the craft loft today and make the "cardbook" sample I had promised to the folks in my SHINE group at Paper Craft Planet. It's for the Faithbooking project, to encourage those who aren't scrapbookers to get involved anyway. So I made a card into a mini-scrapbook page to show them what they could do:



Size is 5"x7". Paper is Basic Grey's "Urban Prairie" line. Stamp is a very old one from a company called Sonlight Impressions (like, 10 years old). Technique behind stamp is the TJ "Floating AI (Alcohol Ink)" tech. And, yeah, the mini-page came out looking a little "girlie" for what I intended, but, hey, Jesus loves us girlie-girls, too.

I did well to get this done today. Yesterday, after taking Aidan to the doc for his cough, we got rear-ended. We had gone to Chick-fil-a for lunch, but the drive-thru line was too long, so we decided to just skip it and go home. So as we were sitting on the street in the left turn lane waiting for our green arrow, some guy in a pickup behind us slams into the back of my beloved baby RAV4. CRY!!! Now, fortunately, he wasn't going fast. And, fortunately, we didn't hit the car in front of us. And, fortunately, no one was injured (so it seemed), and my car actually didn't get the worst of it -- thank God for rear-mounted spare tires! They're better than bumpers! The tire-case is cracked in several places, and the rear door is dented, but it could have been much, much worse. His pickup had a lot more damage to the front than did my precious, beloved, baby RAV4.

However, today I have the most killer headache. And I know this kind of headache -- it's an "occipital neuralgia" headache, i.e., the nerves in the back of my neck that go up over my head were irritated in the rear-ending yesterday, and so now I have pain from h*ll shooting over my head, into my eyeballs and occasionally even behind my nose. How do I know this kind of headache? Because I had to be treated at a pain management clinic for these a couple of years ago.

So now I'll probably have to have the treatments again (two rounds of shots right in the nerves, three months apart). And it's not like I really mind that much, but it's a hassle, and until I get the shots I'll be subject to these very, very nasty headaches that are quite debilitating. As in "more time away from the craft loft". (Oh, yeah, it stinks that I can't take care of my family, too.)

The one good thing that may come out of this is ... my husband got rear-ended several months ago and has had severe headaches ever since, as well as shoulder pain. He's had phys therapy for the shoulder, and is now going to a chiropractor, and nothing has really helped the headaches. It finally occurred to me today to ask him to describe his headaches, and he said, "Well, they start in my neck and kinda shoot up over the top of my head ..." Bingo! Occipital neuralgia! So now we know how he can get help! And if it took me getting rear-ended so we could know how to help him, I'm cool with that.

(Of course, in the current mood he's in, was he thankful that we now probably know what's wrong so he can get help? Nooooo. He just seemed very grumpy and went up to bed to "rest [his] neck." He has been very depressed lately, and I don't know what to do to help! Part of it has been this chronic headache thing, so I'd think he'd be asking for the doctor's phone number right now, but no, for some reason this makes him more depressed.)

Sorry, I digressed. I guess I need to talk about it, but maybe y'all aren't the ones who want to hear it?

Anyway, the cardbook page is done, but tomorrow I need to come up with something for the normal Friday challenge at SHINE, then the next scrapbook topic will be due on Monday ... not a good time for killer headaches! (Prayer would be appreciated, BTW)

2 comments:

MICHELLE A. said...

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR OF ALL YOUR BAD LUCK LATELY. I WILL KEEP YOU & YOUR FAMILY IN MY PRAYERS.

hanksmom said...

Hey Stac, So sorry about your accident and your headache. I prayed for you and your husband. I love the cardbook. I was waiting to see that before i ventured into faithbooking. Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the compliment. It's always nice when someone takes the time to comment. Blessings! Les