Saturday, February 14, 2009

Late Valentine's Day Wishes

Well, by the time most of you read this Valentine's Day will either be over or at least almost so. Therefore, I wish you all belated Valentine's Day wishes for lots of love in your life all year long!

I have several things to cover in my post tonight, so let's get started:

First, I have started a new blog, "Foggy Specs" (as in "spectacles"), which is where I will be writing new and posting older writings dealing with my walk with Christ. Hopefully there will be some profound things there, but mostly it will be me journaling this walk, trying to figure things out, asking the same questions you do (and hopefully sometimes having some answers), giving praises for the good stuff and the things I "get", sometimes crying on God's shoulder or just talking to Him straight. So if you're interested in that kind of thing, or even just want to see the kind of stuff I'm talking about, you can click on the link at the top of my sidebar and check it out.

Second, y'all know how I've been touched by the fires in Australia. Well, Jennifer McGuire (of Jennifer McGuire, ink) has discovered a creative way we can help out. Here's the blurb, and I'll follow that with links:

Jennifer has come up with a way for U.S. scrappers to save postage ... you can send your project page(s) to her and she'll ship them all to Australia on her own nickel, which is a very generous thing for her to do, I think! Here's how to find out more from Jennifer.

And, third (and possibly last): I spent 4-1/2 hours last night making four Valentine's day cards for my family. There are many reasons why I waited until the last minute to do this, but I'm pretty happy with the results (at least on the inside -- I got a little brain-dead by the time it came to write inside them, lol). I found inspiration in the Winter 2007 "Take Ten" magazine. It still took me around an hour to make each card (some more, some less). I guess it's hopeless!

So here are the first two. I'll show you the others tomorrow:

This was for the hubby. The "love" stamp is by The Angel Company, and the background stamp that I used in the "Shimmering Wallpaper" technique panel is SU. It's pretty simple, but it says it all. (Of course, being WAAAAAY too influenced by the I Can Has Cheezburger site, on the inside I wrote "We has it!" Bjorn's was the last card I made, and I was a bit loopy by then.)

And here is Aidan's:

Aidan is not into Valentine's Day (obviously, he does not yet have a girlfriend). He says it's all a commercial ploy, etc., etc., etc. He did not give me a card, but he did "go in" with Bjorn to buy me some roses. (I imagine he didn't actually have to fork over any money.) So I decided to make him a card that was not Valentiney. And, as you all know, he is very into Japanese stuff, and somewhat into Chinese stuff, too, so I decided to go with that. I'll have to double-check, but I think the bamboo stamp is by Stampendous. I know the "love" kanji is SU. The background paper is ... oh, pooh! I thought I would remember! It's from a paper pack I got at Michaels, but I'd have to go upstairs and look at it, and ... no, not today, sorry. Oh, and I used SU "Kiwi Kiss" ink.

So those were two of my creations. As I said, I'll show the other two next time (for my parents).

And I did finish my digi layout for Monday's SHINE Faithbooking project today, and even ordered a 12x12 print of it, but I can't reveal it until Monday, since it's "top secret" until I post it for the project.

Well, I've got to go finish supper -- I'm taking a pot of gumbo over to my folks' house tonight! (Go, me!)

Blessings!

No comments: