Monday, February 16, 2009

Successful loft day results

Well, as promised, I'm here to show the results of my Successful Loft Day yesterday. Today I didn't quite make it up there, but, hey ... some days you make the stuff, some days you post it.

First, here is the card I made for the "Friendship" challenge on SHINE Christian Crafters Challenge at Paper Craft Planet:

A different style for me, huh? I got the inspiration from the Winter 2007 "Take Ten" magazine. I used a stamp from smARTworks, then stamped over it using Versamark on a square stamp I'd made out of a piece of stamp-carving rubber (once upon a time I carved a whole Celtic alphabet stamp set out of this rubber, which I'd purchased at Michaels), then chalked over the squares. The verse (part of Proverbs 18:24, it says, "... a friend who sticks closer than a brother.") was printed out off the computer. CS is GinaK Designs (white) and SU (Cameo Coral). I used SU Cameo Coral, Chocolate Chip and Garden Green markers to color the stamp.

And here is the layout I made "for fun" (I put that in quotes because, even though it WAS fun to do and it wasn't for a challenge or to post for a project, it's still part of my "serious" life-archiving scrapbooks):


These are my two kitties, so the layout goes in my "All About Us" album (yes, I include them as family). I got the "guidelines" from a webpage called "Guidelines For Cats", and modified the ones I liked best so they would fit the pages and still leave room for my kitties' pictures. (Max is the orange tabby, Mokii is the Russian Blue mix.) You'll need to click on the picture of the layout to read the quotes and see the pictures very well.

DP is KI Memories (cats) and K&Co. (the non-yellow Cricut-ed stuff)
CS is Stampin' Up!
"journaling" printed from computer
diecuts from Cricut "Home Decor" and "George & Basic Shapes" cartridges
Marker: SU "Ruby Red"

So those are the two I promised you last night. Tomorrow (or soon) I will post the digital page I did for the Faithbook project. I meant to scrap today, but it's fibromyalgia weather today, and whether or not I truly have fibro, I definitely felt yukky today, so didn't get much done at all, other than posting things here and there on various groups and forums. What I really need to do is get cracking on the "blank" pages for the Aussie fire victims (see post here). I want to do this, to help out, but I've never actually made a scrapbook page without photos before. At first it sounded pretty intimidating, since I plan my pages around my photos, not the other way around. But as I was looking through a scrapbooking magazine tonight, I saw some layouts that I could see taking the photos out of and adapting, and I thought, "Hey, maybe I CAN do this!" So perhaps tomorrow I'll try to get some of those done. (I'm the world's worst procrastinator, so I hope I don't procrastinate until it's too late to send them.)

Well, that's really all I have tonight. Hope your Monday wasn't bad and that you're off to a good start this week.

Happy scrappin'/stampin'!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work as always. I have been out of the loop for the last 2 months because my computer went down. I finally found the restore CD and have it running again!! So, now I can catch up! I need to go to the Paper Craft Planet and start my subscription again.

Lynn MaGill

James S. Huggins said...

Thank you for linking to my page about cats. I appreciate it.

James S. Huggins

http://www.JamesSHuggins.com
http://www.JamesSHuggins.com/h/hum1/guidelines_for_cats.htm
http://www.MyEphemerae.com
http://www.EclecticPower.com


...

Melb. said...

hahaha...how true, "Some days you make stuff, some days you post it". Ok I commented on PCP but I just love this card. Thanks for explaining how you did it. Also, the Guidelines for Cats is adorable!