Sunday, February 15, 2009

A successful loft day!

Well! I spent TIME in the loft today. (I know I did that the other night with the Valentines, but that was "required", and most of today was "for fun.") My shoulders are tighter than a drum tonight but it was worth it!

I won't show you the fruit of my labor until tomorrow, though, because I still want to show you the last two Valentines I made, and I don't want to just inundate you! I mean, you might pass out or something! lol

So here's the first of the last two:

This one was for my mother. I used all Basic Grey paper and my Cricut, as well as the Fiskars "Threading Water" punch, a couple of random buttons and a sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up! I'm happy to report that she loved it, even if it wasn't blue and white (her favorite color combo, and the one I tend to lean toward when making things for her).

And last, but not least:

For my dad. No, Dad isn't a cowboy. He IS a Native Texan. But the reason behind this card (and a few others I've made him) is that, when he was little somebody dressed him up semi-cowboyish, sat him on a pony and had a "portrait" made of him. Yeah, the classic "little boy on a horse in the 1930s, '40s, etc." picture. He was SO CUTE. So, unfortunately for him, this is the image that pops into my head when I think, "What kind of card can I make Dad?" Of course, there aren't too many stamps that reference Chemical Engineering ...

Anyway, I don't know where the bandanna paper came from, and I can't remember who made the lil' cowboy stamp (gee, who woulda thought?). I do know that the blue paper behind the bandanna paper is actually a piece of faux denim that I made using a Technique Junkies tech awhile back, but, sadly, it doesn't really show up (not even in real life). I made the title with the JustRite "Braydon" (sp?) font set. And, yes, Daddy loved the card.

So, that's all I have for you tonight. But next time I will show you the card I made for the Paper Craft Planet SHINE challenge I was supposed to have had ready last Thursday (now posted there), and a scrapbook layout I had started (barely) several days ago, and which I finally sat down and worked (hard) on and finished today.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Until next time ...
Blessings!

No comments: