Friday, February 06, 2009

A Valentine for ...

... God! I mean, after all, who deserves my love more? Yeah, the One who redeemed my life from the pit, who brought me into His eternal Kingdom, who wiped away the guilt of all my sin. So I made a Valentine for Him:



Yeah, I know, most of you probably think it's weird. My own husband (who is a Christian) did. He said, "So ... who are you gonna give it to?" I said, "God." And he just looked at me with this look that says, "Okay, just act like it's okay, like she's not really one step into the Funny Farm already and well on her way further in." I get that look a lot. Well, hey, I had to come up with an idea for the SHINE Christian Crafters Challenge this week, and I wanted to do something with a Valentine theme, but I didn't want it to be the usual type stuff. So this is what I ended up thinking of. Meh, even if nobody else understands me, God does.

Papers are all from the Basic Grey "Sugared" collection. Stamp is from SU's "Always" set. Buttons and photo turns are also SU, and the verse is copied from the New International Version of the Bible, and was printed off the computer.

This has been a surreal week. Ended up having to take A to the doc again today (still can't sleep for that cough). We got to actually see our PA today instead of the doctor that's in charge of the place. If only we could've done that on Monday, he probably would be well by now. (She was out of the office Monday.) She says she thinks it's a sinus infection that's drained and settled into his chest, and that the antibiotic (azithromycin) that the doc prescribed on Monday has a 50% resistance rate, so his bacteria were probably in the 50% that resist it. So she switched his antibio, told us what OTC sinus/cough med to get, told him he needs to rinse his sinuses every day (he was thrilled with THAT), and that he should try sleeping on his stomach to keep the drainage from tickling his throat. She is so awesome! Anyway, we're really hoping it works tonight, because he has to take part in a Mock Trial competition for his school tomorrow, and he's determined that he's going to do it and not let his team down. They don't have alternates for these roles (he's a witness), so he feels very responsible to be there. I'm glad he has that sense of responsibility. I just hope he doesn't have to go on two hours' sleep, like he would have had to do if it had been today. So I'm nervous about tonight, but hopefully things will be much better!

Well, we need to start moving toward bedtime. No one around here knows how to use a Neti Pot, but that's what the PA said we should be using (I've been using just an Ayr bottle and salt water), so I went to CVS today and spent $70 on two Neti Pots (one for me), two different bottles of Mucinex (I can't have the decongestant, but he needs it), and a couple of other little things I needed. That was almost as much as the antibio cost!

So, I'll let you know how things go tomorrow. I would really like to get to feeling better, too, so I can get some scrapping done! I've got a new page I need to do for the SHINE Faithbooking project for Monday, and then I've got a cat LO floating around in my head I'd like to do, too.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: