Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A colorful change!

Okay, after the last post, I figure y'all deserve something on a much more colorful scale! And not quite so austere, either.

So I give you: A Slice of My Life -- March 12, 2009

This layout is based on the "A Slice of My Life" quiz from a scrapbook idea book I got a year or so ago. I just answered the questions and printed them out, found an acceptable, relatively recent picture of myself (I think it was in December), then stuck them together in a layout, going ... shall we say, a little wild with the embellies! It started out innocently enough with a few buttons. Then I had to add the felt flowers I'd recently bought. Well, then I needed some ribbon to delineate the questions from the title block, and of course more felt flowers and buttons. Then the bottom part of the questions section looked kinda blank with nothing outlining it, thus the brad party. And a bit of ric-rac to separate me from the date section. And the stamped flowers on the question bit needed some 3-D centers. Yeah. I got a little crazy, used up some stash there! But it was fun, and I actually like the way it turned out. It screams "I am a girl in a household full of guys and I don't get to scrap girl stuff very much!!!" Either that or, "This woman needs serious therapy!!!" lol

So, let's see if I can remember the ingredients, since I forgot to write them on the back:
DP: K&Co; Basic Grey (go figure)
CS: Gina K Designs (white); SU (tiny bit of Pacific Point -- the punched bit with the pink ribbon on it)
Stamps: SU; and I forgot who made the alphas ... I'll have to look that up
Die-cut alpha: Cricut "George & Basic Shapes"
Punches: SU; Fiskars
Buttons: SU; Basic Grey; Heidi Swapp; misc from fabric store
Brads: Making Memories; Queen & Company (along with the little flowers); misc
Ribbon & Ric-rac: SU
Felt flowers: dang, I can't remember. I got them at Archivers in the $1.99 Hot Spot section
Swirl template: Don't remember that either.
Acrylic paint: Making Memories
Fonts: no clue

The journaling/questions aren't cut off at the top in Real Life. My stitching program just does that. You can click on the photo to see it larger if you really want to know about my life on March 12, 2009!

I finished a layout of Aidan's first Easter this morning, and have actually scanned it, so will have that next time. And I made my hubby an anniversary card this afternoon. It's our 18th wedding anniversary today! That's a lot of time to put up with each other ;-) -- and I'm very glad we've stuck it out this far, and I know we'll make it to the "death do us part" thing, or til Jesus comes back. (And, no, "til death do us part" doesn't include murder! lol)

I actually signed up for Twitter today -- I can't believe I did that, but one of the teams on Storm Chasers (the tornado-chasers show that comes on the Discovery Channel in October every year) has a website called TornadoVideos.com (or is it .net?), and they've started sending out e-mail notices when they're out on the hunt, now that tornado season has started. You can track on their site where they are, and they even have live video feeds when they're out on the trail. Anyway, I thought it'd be cool to get tweets from them while they're out, if they remember to tweet while they're chasing. I'm just doing it via e-mail. I don't have a cheap texting plan. Tomorrow they're going to be basing out of San Angelo, which is a couple hundred miles or so west of here. Apparently we have a slight chance for severe weather tomorrow, and I guess they think there might be some action down Texas way. Yay. (Not.) Anyway, I figure if you get a tweet or e-mail from these guys and they're in your direct neck of the woods -- time to start rounding up the family and the cats and head for the tornado closet! (San Angelo is not direct enough, but I'll be keeping an eye on my e-mail tomorrow!)

At the moment I'm ambivalent about tornado season this year. I mean, normally I'm sorta freaking out about the whole concept by now. Not that I want a tornado to hit my house, or neighborhood, or Aidan's school or Bjorn's workplace, or anywhere that we happen to be! But usually when I see the green circle with "SLIGHT" in the middle of it on the National Weather Service severe storms outlook page, I start getting this nagging thing in the back of my brain, which, of course, increases exponentially when the circle is red and says "MODERATE". Maybe it's just because it's early in the season. Maybe it's because I've watched so many storm chaser shows. Maybe I'm just beginning to trust God more? I don't know. Today I am not freaking over the possibility of severe weather in our area tomorrow. Tomorrow may be a different story entirely. My brain is not predictable these days. (Not that it ever has been!)

Okay, gotta run do some other things. I'd love to stay and chat, but, hey -- I'm sure you're SO sorry I can't keep typing away! ;-)

1 comment:

Melb. said...

hahaha "brad party". I love it. Is that a recent pic of you? It's a great pic. Great LO!