Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Another Easter page!

Yes! The fun never ends! Here is the page for Aidan's 3rd Easter, which, by now, was in Arizona. Where it's, like 102 degrees in April already. (How did I ever survive that place???)


Wasn't he gosh-darn cute? Again, I ask, why do they grow up so fast? And yet, I love the age he is now, too. (Mostly) Except back then I could pick him up and cuddle him and he didn't mind, and I didn't have college and him leaving home looming on the horizon. Then it was kindergarten that was looming. Boy, I didn't know how good I had it! (Actually, I think I did.)

Ingredients:
DP: We Are Memory Keepers (or is that "We R Memory Keepers?"); K&Co.
CS: not sure -- poss. Club Scrap or SU
Punches: Fiskars (edge); EKSuccess (photo corners)
Journaling pen: I think it's Zig (would be the same as the SU black journaler)
Cricut cartridges: Base Camp (with "Charm" function on), Jasmine


Simple page, but I like the way it turned out. I think as busy as the paper and the photos were, any more embellies than I had would have just been too much.

I got a new Cricut cartridge today -- "Life's a Beach"!! I've been wanting it since I heard it was coming out, and I finally took the plunge (no pun intended) and ordered it last week. Tons of beach/ocean/nautical images, a sort of "tiki" font, even a whole set of beach-oriented titles! I'm thinking I'm gonna love this. I hope I'll use it alot. I thought I would use "A Walk in My Garden" a lot, but I've hardly cracked it open. I'll probably use that one more when I do more "girly" pages (about me, Mom, nieces, etc.)

Hey, speaking of the subject of my Easter layout (Aidan), he got home from school yesterday and announced (well, his dad did, who had picked him up) that he'd gotten a perfect score on the National Latin Exam! This makes two years in a row! Aidan claims he should have been given a "harder" test (i.e., a level harder), but I think he was just being humble. Anyway, only a tiny percentage of the kids who take this test nationwide (like 5% or fewer) get a perfect score, so I'm pretty proud of him! And this will definitely look good on that college-app resume (especially for someone who's going to major in linguistics!)

Ack! There's that "college" word again! ;-)

Well, my aunt is still in town, and we're invited over to dinner again (lovin' this free food!), so I'd better get going. I've only got one more finished Aidan Easter page to show you (until I make more, mwuhahahahaha), so I need to get up into the loft and get to scrappin' again!

Have a good 'un!

No comments: