Monday, April 06, 2009

More Easter stuff ...

Connected to a couple more old friends on a social networking site today. It's so cool to do that! These are people I haven't seen in what seems like a thousand years, and now they all have families and some of their kids are in COLLEGE ... how did we all get this old? ;-)

Okay, I have another Easter LO for today. This one is about Aidan's 2nd Easter, when we still lived in Colorado.


This is one of the layouts I made at my friend Elizabeth's house last Tuesday. Now, Connie and Andy are two people I would really love to catch up with again, but they don't live in this house anymore, or even in this town, so I've lost touch with them. I tried finding them on the social networking site, but no luck.

Pretty much the same materials as the "First Easter" one, I think. The green color isn't really that gross -- for some reason I couldn't get it to scan properly, nor could I tweak it to make it look right. I promise it's MUCH more pleasantly colored than this!


Anyway, it's been Easter-theme focus around here scrapbooking-wise lately. I have two other Aidan-oriented Easter layouts (and at least one more to do -- there are a couple of years missing from the batch of pictures, so I want to see if I can find any from those years), plus I did a faithbooking page about the Cross for the SHINE group at Paper Craft Planet. That one I digi-scrapped. Somehow most of the faithbooking ones seem more suited to digi-scrapping, for me. Don't know why.

I honestly don't have much to say tonight. I'm tired and have a teensy headache. My aunt is visiting at my folks' house and it's been fun to hang out over there and just have a three-way girl-gabfest between her, my mom and me.

OH! I do have something to brag about, though: Aidan aced the National Latin Exam again this year (perfect score)! That's two in a row now! He claims it was an easier level than he should have had, but I don't know how true that is, and anyway, he still could've screwed something up! He says next year's will undoubtedly be harder. I told him next year he will have had another whole year's worth of Latin studying under his belt. Anyway, it's a pretty big deal (this is a nationwide exam), and it will definitely look good on his college-app resume!

Okay, I've run out of things to talk about (gasp! I can see you wanting to check my temperature right now!), so I'll just leave it at this. Hope you have a great [insert time of day, day of week here]!

No comments: