Sorry I haven't been posting lately! Don't know if I've been busy or lazy, but the result is the same, so I apologize.
Got caught up in virtual storm chasing (via TornadoVideos.net) and genealogy and who knows what all else, so I haven't been incredibly busy in the loft, but I do have a few more things to show off. Here are the last of the Easter pages:
Ingredients for both are pretty much the same -- We R Memory Keepers and K&Co papers, plus some misc. stuff. On the Easter '97 one, I was over at Elizabeth's house and had only one sheet of the WRMK DP, but needed both sides at once! So I cut out the yellow-gridded rectangle and flipped it over to put where I needed it, but there were some gaps that showed between it and the striped bits, so I had to get creative, since I wasn't at home and didn't have all my usual "stuff". I had taken my Cricut over there, so I cut out a bunch of caterpillars to put across the top (so, yeah, they don't have anything to do with Easter, but you do find them in yards), and I had my SU spiral punch along, so I did that one for a border across the bottom. I didn't manage to finish the page at Elizabeth's, though, so when I worked on it again at home, I found some SU green wide grosgrain ribbon that worked great down the vertical gap. Then I just cut out the letters and numbers with my Cricut, added a few extra touches, and it was done! (Love this simple scrapping philosophy!)
For some odd reason we don't have any egg hunt pictures from '98 or '99, so the next (and last) set was from 2000. I used the same line of papers, to keep things tied together. At first I thought the layout ended up TOO simple, but I grew to like it. I was going off a Page Maps sketch (gosh, I love Page Maps!), and they had flowers where I put the buttons. Being a boy page, I didn't want to use flowers (I know some people do, but I just can't go there), and I tried all kinds of things there -- big brads (don't try to use rub-ons on Making Memories' colored brads, they don't take), smaller brads in larger numbers ... finally settled on the buttons. I wanted some texture, so I think they served the purpose. I also really like the "stitched" border punch I got the other day from EK Success. It's not too girly or frufy for boy layouts, and I like the embossed stitching effect.
Here was my layout for the Faithbooking project week before last:
I meant to post this on Good Friday, but the day got away from me. It's digi-scrapped. I found it was actually a bit difficult to do this layout -- I had to really slow down and meditate for awhile on what the Cross really means, not just to me, but to mankind in general. I get so jaded to the story, having heard it all my life, but it is absolutely the most important, amazing love story ever! That Jesus would willingly go to the cross to die for my sins ... because He loves me! (He loves each and every one of us that much.) Blows me out of the water.
So, anyway, that gets me caught up on my scrapbooking. I still have a couple of cards to show, but I'll save that for another day (soon!).
Hope you all have a wonderful week!