Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I have resumed scrapping!!

Yay! Can you believe it? I actually got up into the craft loft yesterday and started a 2-page layout, then finished it today! I think we should call tomorrow a world-wide holiday and no one have to work or go to school!!

After around three months of total lack of inspiration, I hauled myself upstairs yesterday and said, hey, I'm just gonna look through some of the photos I had pulled before my hiatus and see if anything hits me. Well, I had pulled 11 photos of my sister-in-law Liv from my categorized boxes, and I thought, know what? It would be fun to do a girly page -- any paper I want, no "theme" other than girly, choices wide open. So first I picked a sketch to work off of (a Page Maps sketch from many moons ago), then I chose papers accordingly. I had to fiddle with the sketch layout a little since the sketch used 7 photos and I had 11, but I managed to come up with a satisfactory adjustment. Then I just went with it!

So here is the layout. You can click on it to see it larger.



So let's see if I can remember the ingredients:
Cardstock: Basic Grey; Stampin' Up!
Designer Paper: DoodleBug Designs (I think)
Flowers: D'know, something I picked up at Archiver's
Ribbon: the zigzag pink is SU; the brown under it I don't know
Cricut cartridge: Jasmine (y'all think I need to invest in some more Cricut alphas? lol)
Buttons: not sure, I think they're K&Co, but don't quote me on that
Journaling chipboard: Another something I picked up at Archiver's, in the "Hot Spot"

That's all, I think. Liv, I hope you like it!

I'm certainly glad I'm not a Stampin' Up! demonstrator these days. Seems like they just got informed they can't mention ANY product other than Stampin' Up! on their blogs, whether personal or business. So if they make a card, say, and use products in addition to the SU stuff, they're not allowed to give credit for the other products. Nor are they allowed to link to other pages that have non-SU products on them. I just think that's wrong. If they're so worried about their bottom line, they need to come up with new stuff and better marketing, NOT clamp down on their demos. Sounds like a lot of people are quitting as a result of this.

Anyway, no such restrictions on me, so I will continue to do whatever I darn well please with my blog!

Hopefully I'll be back in another couple of days with a new layout to show off. Until then, have a great week!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad your muse slapped you up 'side the head! Gently, gently. I'm all about the inspiration these days, just no follow-through. Still, I'm about to finish up a pair of socks. What I must do is clean.

Looks great!

Niki said...

Glad to see you back! Missed you,

Niki