Thursday, September 03, 2009

Wow -- I did it again!

Scrapped, I mean. Last night I started a 6"x6" layout for my "Favorite Photos" album -- basically I picked out paper, cut it and adhered the photo to it. Today I finished it up, then later went up into the loft again and made yet ANOTHER 6"x6" layout! These are so fun, although I will admit that sometimes it's daunting to come up with something creative for a page where the photo takes up most of it (most of my photos are 4"x6"). I've tried using Page Maps "Mini Maps" sketches -- they're for 8"x8" layouts, but you can reduce the size for 6"x6". Trouble is, a lot of those use more than one photo, and on a 6"x6" that can be less than satisfactory (because the photos have to be so small). Of course, it's not always true -- wallet sized photos do work okay as long as the subject is large.

So, anyway, here are the layouts:


Is not this photo the most adorable ever?!? This is my dear son thirteen years ago when he was three years old and serving as the Ring Bearer for Bjorn's brother's wedding. I honestly don't remember this moment at all, and wonder if someone else took the photo. I was a bridesmaid (matron?), and Bjorn was the Best Man, so we had my dad fly out to be Aidan's "chaperone." He may have taken the photo. Anyway, it was at this beautiful sort-of B&B/Wedding venue out in desert near Tucson, and it was just a very gorgeous, wonderful day! So here Aidan is expressing his "joy of life" as only a uninhibited three-year-old can do!

Ingredients:
Bo-Bunny DP; Sparkly paper I got at Archiver's for Christmas last year, cut using the original Cricut "Home Decor" cart; a red glitter pen; "Freebooter" font, Verve flourish stamp with SU ink; HP printable cardstock; Nestabilities oval cutter, done with a Cuttlebug


Here's the other:

This is my mother and her great-granddaughter Rachael when Rach was somewhere in the 2-3 yr. old range (don't you love her ponytails!). This was about 2004.

Ingredients:
Bazzill textured shimmer paper; an old kit from TAC (DP); small photo corners by K&Co; Large photo corner punch by EK Success; rhinestones from K&Co; rub-on from Stampin' Up!; Cricut original "Home Decor" cart


SO much fun! I'm glad I'm scrapping again and loving it. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to keep two things going at once, so my family history stuff is suffering, but I did that all summer, so it's okay.

Be back soon with more goodies! Until then -- have a good 'un!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pages. They are sooo cute!

Lynn MaGill