Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A paper layout!

Okay, so I confess I've gone a little "digi-batty" over the last few weeks, but I do have in my possession a recent layout that is PAPER!! (The crowd roars, lol) The other confession is that I've had it done for a couple of weeks, but just hadn't got around to scanning it until a couple of days ago. And then a million other things prevented me from posting it until today. But now, HERE IT IS!! (Ta-da!)


Are these boys not uber adorable!?! These are my twin nephews, Karl and Aksel, who were, obligingly, born on my birthday nearly 5 years ago! I can't believe they're growing up so fast, but then my own son has moved through life like a rocket, so I don't know why I would be surprised.

In all honesty, this is a bit of a "hybrid" layout (traditional with digital elements). The photo block is actually a collage done with a program I BOUGHT (I actually downloaded the free trial, but then as these things often go, I couldn't print out the collage unless I bought the darned thing, so I did, since it wasn't terribly expensive -- it's called Picture Collage Maker from Pearl Mountain Software, and I think it was about $20). This is actually what got me back into digi-scrapping, because the program can be used for digital scrapping and allows you to use digital "papers" as a background even in plain collages (the red in the collage block is a digital paper, and I have no idea of the source). I'm not using it to digi-scrap (using my old trusty Photoshop Elements 4.0 for that), but in looking for papers to use in a different collage that I haven't scrapped yet, I found myself online looking for the "perfect" one and toppled headlong over into the digi-scrapping world again. (Did ANY of that make any sense???)

I don't know the manufacturer of the red background paper with the circles on it. I do know I bought it at Archiver's a year or so ago. The rest of the ingredients are:
Other DP: Little Yellow Bicycle "Zach's Life" -- also the border strips
Arrow punches: Stampin' Up!
Chipboard "2": I think it's Basic Grey, but I could be wrong
"Boy Oh Boy" rubon: SEI "Beatnik Boy"
"x": Cricut cartridge (the name escapes me at the moment)
Brads: random stuff from my stash, probably Making Memories
Cardstock: SU "Very Vanilla"
Vellum quote: DCWV ((I think)


Don't you love how well I keep up with my supplies' manufacturers? lol -- the truth is, I'm just too lazy to go upstairs and verify. And some of them honestly don't have the names on them.

I have also finished another digi-scrapped heritage layout, but I'll wait until later to post that one.

Gotta run -- I need a nap before I head out to the pain management doc this afternoon. I am SO hoping they'll schedule me for an anesthesia nerve block treatment for the occipital nerves in my neck. They've been giving me some really nasty headaches lately!

Ta ta, and have a great [insert day of week on which you're reading this]!

No comments: