Friday, February 05, 2010

We interrupt this program for a news update

Okay, nothing dramatic. I just wanted y'all to know I've been too sick to scrap these last few days. I always thought I could scrap sick as long as it was digital, but strep throat makes you a complete brain-zombie. I'm doing better now, so will hopefully be back to scrapping tomorrow.

I guess I could show you a page I haven't posted yet. This is of my dad's mother. This is the page I was talking about a couple of posts ago as being so difficult. I don't know if it was the pressure to make my dad's mother's page as pretty as the one I made my mom's mother (I was closer to mom's), or if I just couldn't get it to work the way I wanted to. I started with a sketch/template and had a great deal of difficulty working with it with this particular photo, so that was part of the problem. I like the way it turned out, but it was a toughie!


In all honesty, I hadn't planned on posting a pic tonight, so I don't have the list of supplies ready. I tried so blessed many different papers, then a horde of different ribbons, etc., that I can't even just remember off the top of my head who made what, although I think the metal flourish was from Jean Daugherty. And the template was a PageMaps (I think).

Anyway ... my big challenge right now is the layout for the Scripture challenge. This week's word is "abide" and I've already picked my Bible verse and the photo I want to use, but I'm trying to keep it kinda "artsy" like the other two, and I am having a very difficult time of it. I tried working on it a couple of nights ago, which was when I realized that strep just doesn't make for the ideal scrapping-brain circumstances. I'm also already VERY behind on the "My Lifetime Story" challenge. Last week we were supposed to write/scrap about our parents, one layout/page each. Well, of course being sick I was NOT up to that, especially since I want to make these pages extra special (at least journaling-wise). Well, next thing I know it's time for a new week, and the challenge is to make layouts about your grandparents. Well, that's six pages total (including my parents), or four if I were to double up the grandparents, but that's still a LOT to do when you don't want to just slap something together. *SIGH* The challenge hosts say not to worry about it, just to do what you can when you can, but that doesn't always work for me. I end up feeling completely overwhelmed by all the stuff I haven't done yet, and give up. I don't want to do that with this one, but we'll just have to see ...

Okay, that's enough for tonight. I got my hair colored today (finally -- I'd had to put it off three times because of some physical ailment or other) and went to the grocery store, so I'm sure I totally overdid it. I'll probably pay for it tomorrow -- but I sure hope not!

Blessings, grace and peace!

No comments: