Thursday, March 18, 2010

Catching up

I am now in my 6th (or so) week of The Strep that Would Not Die. Yep, came back on me Monday, two days after I finished the antibiotic, just as I had predicted. My doc did the quick test, but also sent in a culture to the lab to see what strain of strep this is, and if there could be something else going on. Lah dee dah, oh the joy.

Anyway.

I have managed to catch up on the 2010 Scripture Challenge I'm doing with Patter Cross' "Triple the Scraps" blog. I did the previous one ("Follow") on Sunday, and finished the current one ("Neighbor") tonight.

So, here's the one for "Follow" (remember, both of these are 6"x6")

I had just bought this very cool mask set over at Pickleberrypop, and thought it would be fun to use the wedge-shaped mask to sort-of "reveal" a cross. (I dreamed about wedge-shaped tornadoes the other night ... wonder if it was because of this mask? lol) So that's where the idea started, and ended up with what you see above. I had the dickens of a time getting the verse to look good on here. Finally tried white for the font and it made all the difference! Here are the ingredients:
Cross: Lifesong Kreations “No Greater Love” (Faith Sisters)
Mask: Fly Pixel “New Beginnings” (Pickleberrypop)
Alpha: Erica Hernandez “Vibe” (2Peas)
Papers: Aprilmouse & Hanulienka “Summer Field” (aprilmouse.blogspot.com)
Style: Framed Ink (ScrapGirls) (you can tell I like this style because I use it A LOT!!)
Font: Colwell


And here is the current one:


I don't know why I've been so into green this week -- maybe it's because the yard has turned green here, the leaves are coming out on the trees (as well as some beautiful buds!), and Spring is definitely in the air (never mind that on the actual First Day of Spring it's supposed to be down in the 50s F for the high -- we've had 60s and 70s and even one day with low 80s lately!). Anyway, I wanted a sort of "universal" theme for this page, to indicate that everyone is my neighbor. I ended up finding these hands from the Google Images search page, and decided they would get my point across just fine!
Ingredients are:
Paper: Lorie Davison “Port au Prince” (Songbird Avenue)
Design by Schaarka “Summertime” (schaarka.blogspot.com)
Blending template: Brandy Murry “Background Blenders” (ScrapGirls)
Font: Teen
Style: Framed Ink (ScrapGirls) (again, lol!)


I was originally going to use the "love your neighbor as yourself" verse, but in searching for it at BibleGateway.com, I came across this other verse and decided I really liked the sound of it.

So, that's what I've been up to this week. I have also spent a lot of time re-organizing my digital photos through ACDSee Photo Manager 2009. I like it for organization because it's quick and easy and you can do quite a bit of editing in it, too (like adjusting levels, contrast, color, etc., as well as resizing, cropping, all the basic stuff). Of course, I totally prefer Photoshop Elements for scrapping.

Speaking of ... I heard that Close to My Heart had a new digiscrapping program out, and went to their site to check it out, but was reallllllly disappointed to find out that it's an online program, which probably means you can't download any of their elements in .png form for use in other programs. BIG mistake, IMHO. Stampin' Up! has their own program (a download), but they were smart enough to make their elements available as .png and .abr (brush) files so those of us who have other programs could still use them. If I'm wrong about the CTMH files, I would love to know, but it sounds like it's exclusive of other programs' files. It also sounded like you can't download and print your own creations from your home printer, that you had to order them through CTMH's printer. So it's too inflexible for me. Someone there should have thought about how much potential business they might lose by being so.

Well, I am officially wiped out and ready for bed. Is it just me, or is Daylight Savings harder to get over these days? I'm sorry, it's NOT 10:45, it's 9:45 as far as my body clock is concerned!

Hope you're all having a great week and looking forward to an even better weekend!

5 comments:

Bonsignore Family said...

I love your digi layouts! Your "follow" page is very calming and relaxing! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pages!

NickelNook said...

Beautiful work on both your Scripture Challenge pages!...Nancy :o)

A-M said...

These two pages are wonderful. Great Scripture choices.
For some reason I have lately been using a lot of green in my artwork, also.

Jennifer McGregor said...

love your digital pages... really nice work with the scriptures you chose, and love how the cross is made up of nails.

Gwen said...

Great digi pages! Love your designs and the verses you've chosen!