Saturday, March 13, 2010

A new layout

Less than three minutes to the Louis Vuitton Trophy race (yachting) between Emirates Team New Zealand and ... somebody else, doesn't matter who, lol. They're racing in the Hauraki Gulf in New Zealand, looks like an awesome day there, bit windy, but gorgeous. WISH I WAS THERE!!!

Okay, so I have a scrapbook page to show you! (Digi) After I said something the other day about not having any mojo, I decided to try anyway and it all came back!

This is a double-page layout of one of my dad's great-grandparents' family. There are a few nephews in the lefthand pic, but it was still a large family. And then look how huge they were years later, with spouses and kids adding to their number! As I mention in the journaling, these pictures are photocopies of originals that are in the Heart of West Texas Museum in Colorado City, TX. My aunt got them made a few years ago, so actually, what I have are probably photocopies of the 1st generation photocopies. Thus they are not great pics.

Here's the layout:


Of course, my direct ancestor, Una Palestine Dorn, is the one who will be just to the right of the page crack in the album (she's at the far right of the lefthand picture). I was going to copy the pic of her and put it in a little frame off on the side somewhere, but it just didn't fit.

Here's the supply list:
Butterflies – Brandy Murry “Bees Knees” (ScrapGirls)
“grunge” look on left photo: Christina Renee Designs “Glass Negatives 2” (oScraps)
Journaling block: Cheryl McCain “Spring Bonnet” (Digizines Studios)
Paper: [DDiva ?] “Floral Stamps” [store]
Ztampf “Velvetoire” (Scrapbook Graphics)
Cari Lopez “Memories in Blue” (Heritage Scrap)
Template: Page Maps
Font: ?
Styles: (all ScrapGirls): Framed Ink (Mandy Steward)
Basic Shadows (Sarah Batdorf)
Antique Paper (Durin Eberhart)

I tweaked a lot of stuff -- the butterflies (I changed them to a deeper blue -- Royal vs. Teal -- and used one of the Framed Ink styles on them); I used Framed Ink on the white/blue patterned paper; I altered the journaling block (with the torn spiral edge) using the Antique paper style, and I did the same on the bracket-edge papers, which were part of the template. I messed around with the font, too, but I don't remember exactly what I did.

I like the way it turned out! I also just finished a layout using my mom's 1st Grade class picture. I'll post it later.

Team New Zealand won -- they are now 5-0 in the round-robin portion of the competition. And that was even with a broken spinnaker pole! (They had to use their genoa/gennaker sail instead, but it wasn't a problem!)

No comments: