Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Oh, the irony

So last time I blogged, I went on and on about how much I love digital scrapbooking.

In the couple of weeks since then, I have crashed and burned. I am totally burnt out on it. Maybe it has to do with the looooonnnggg period of illness I had this winter/early spring. Just something about the thought of sitting down and digi-scrapping makes me queasy. And it's not just that. I'm feeling that way about family history, too. And my story -- the story I have laboured over for several years now and whose characters I dearly love -- my story isn't going anywhere, and I'm almost burnt out on it.

The only thing I have left is paper scrapping. The jury is still out on that, but I have thought about just going into the loft and sort-of cleaning it up, just to be around the stuff. Maybe that would spark something. I haven't felt up to it yet, though.

The good news is, I don't have strep anymore!! The bad news is I may still have to have a tonsillectomy AND have my deviated septum fixed at the same time.

I've been reading a book called From Fatigued to Fantastic by Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum. It's for people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (which I clearly have) and Fibromyalgia (which I don't think I do). LOTS of good stuff in there, but it takes months for the effects to start showing up. I may end up going to a CFS/FMS clinic in Dallas to help me get all the supplements, etc. sorted through. It's a cool book because he recognizes right off the bat that there are scores of different causes and effects in different people with CFS/FMS, so at the end of each chapter you fill out a little questionnaire, which links you to an appendix. You check off treatments in the appendix depending on how you answered the questionnaire, and by the time you finish reading the book, you should have a pretty good idea of what kind of treatment you need. Several of the things he talks about involve prescription meds, so that's one reason I think it might be worth it to go to the clinic. Of course, they don't take any kind of insurance (you can see what your insurance company will reimburse you for), so it could be expensive.

Also, my doc (PA) wants me to try a detoxification program. It sounded pretty good, and this program is the only one which actually puts immunoglobulins into your system, so I think I will try it once her office starts taking orders.

So, that's pretty much where I am right now. I hope to have SOMETHING here to show you soon. Please stick with me ... I can't stay away from being creative for long!

No comments: