Saturday, August 21, 2010

Taking a break

Okay, I think it's probably "official" that I am not scrapping right now, in any form, or stamping. I don't know exactly what's up, just that I'm burned out and my mojo has taken an extended vacation to Jupiter or somewhere.

I don't know when I'll be back in the saddle. It could be as early as tomorrow, if a burst of inspiration (and energy) seizes me. It could be a year from now. It might even be never. I just don't know. This is so typical ADD/ADHD, so I shouldn't be surprised, but I am disappointed in myself. I really loved this stuff when I was doing it, but now it just seems overwhelming to even think about.

I'm not to the point of selling my stuff yet. I still have hope that this will all come flooding back to me and I can get right back up in that loft and start again. (Even getting back to the digital stuff would make me happy -- I still have a ton of heritage photos I'd like to scrap so I can finish that book).

We just got back from two weeks in London and Norway. I logged onto Shutterfly and made a (huge) photo book from most of the photos (it has 68 pages!), because I knew I would never scrap them. I have one Norway scrapbook from ten years ago (that took four years to get to/finish), so I don't really have it in me to do another one.

So ... I don't know. If you're following the blog or get it delivered to your inbox, I'll understand if you decide to stop following or unsubscribe.

I'm hoping that, once Aidan gets back in school I'll decide I want to do this some more, but I can't promise. It's his senior year, I'm depressed about him leaving home in a year, he keeps scaring me with wanting to apply to colleges far away from home, and I am officially in menopause. So I'm struggling with depression, and maybe that's part of why I can't get the mojo going.

Okay, enough explanation. It be what it be, and I'll just have to see what happens over the next little while.

I do appreciate everyone who has been a faithful reader of this blog. I'm not shutting it down, because I'm hoping this is temporary. But I do want y'all to know I'm grateful for all the kind words about my work.

So, until next time (hopefully!) ... Happy scrapping and stamping to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacy....This happens to all the best of us. I am following your other blog and will see you on Facebook. I am here for you if you want to talk.

Lynn